- The obvious - my health and the health of my family and friends; the fact that I live in a place and time where heat and hot water can be taken for granted, the problem with food is that there is too much of it, and I am not anybody's property.
- The internet.
- The fact that Black Friday occurs on the internet. LOFT is 40% off!
- I am in the middle of a dental procedure requiring four or more visits, all of which have to be done on Saturdays because I can't take off work right now. This is of course unfun, but it reminds me how lucky I am that my big health problem is (1) occurring in my teeth (as opposed to somewhere scary or gross or surgery-requiring) and (2) is fairly minor and entirely fixable. I have lots of little things wrong with me (tooth decay, bad vision, etc.) but nothing scary or big.
- I have a job. I'm not done with training yet (almost!) so it's impossible to draw definitive conclusions, but so far it seems like a reasonably good job. At worse, it is a job that pays the bills (and provides me with coffee and cereal to fuel all-night programming binges), and I am unlikely to get laid off in the immediate future. A lot of people don't have that.
- Friends - I have some, and they are awesome.
- Also awesome - my apartment, and my coffee maker, and my bookshelves.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Posted by capella. at 12:01 PM