Sunday, November 14, 2010

a very materialistic post

1) My mother asked me, as she customarily does around this time of year, what I wanted for Hanukkah.  For the first time in ages, I could actually think of things that didn't seem crazy to ask for.

2) Mad shopping karma this weekend!  Stopped at Macy's Saturday evening to make a periodic check of the shoe department for the two pairs I've been trying to buy for ages - knee-high boots that fit my ginormous calves and navy pumps to wear with my navy suit.  Found both, for $63 each.  Today, stopped in Gap on a whim, thinking it would be good to have skinny jeans to wear with my new boots (this counts as necessary shopping because I have lost a little weight and now have only two pairs of casual pants that fit, and one is track pants) and walked out twenty minutes later with skinny navy cords for $43

3) on a non-materialistic note... oh, I don't know.  it has been a strange weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment